Position Title: Environmental ManagerReports to: Plant ManagerJob Type: Permanent, Full-TimeLocation: Beaumont, TX USA
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a specialty chemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Environmental Manager to be based in Beaumont, TX.
The Environmental Manager will develop and implement company policies adhering to local, state, and federal environmental regulations. Manage the inspections of work areas and work procedures and makes environmental recommendations accordingly. Ensures compliance with and trains employees on all environmental, health and safety regulations. Responsible to be versed of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Relies on experience and judgment to achieve plant environmental performance goals.
This role is a leadership position that supports an overall team effort to develop and implement a Manufacturing Policy and Plan which includes budgets, environmental matters, organizational & Cultural development of the organization, and other aspects of the company's business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Environmental Manager's key duties include the following:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
- Review and modify improvements to environmental guidelines and procedures.
- Lead regulatory agency site visits and audits.
- Oversee new air permit application.
- Manage internal environmental audits.
- Direct various environmental compliance efforts related to Air, Water, Waste and Wetland regulations.
- Complete all actions required from Compliance Audit Program.
- Develop and implement daily emission reports.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting including but not limited to: Boiler MACT, RATA, HON MACT, Applicable LDAR, Title V, Annual Criteria & Toxics Emissions Reporting, Greenhouse Gas, TSCA, Tier II, State and Federal Waste, Discharge Monitoring, SPCC, RMP and other applicable environmental compliance reporting.
- Monitor and coordinate site waste sampling, profiling, and other disposal processes in compliance with state and federal waste regulations.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs.
- Ensures proper tracking and evaluation of safety and environmental compliance assurance activities and information.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
- Develop, implement, and train team on environmental compliance.
Facilitate safety & environmental training for all employee levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering required.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years' experience in a process plant environment required.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience air and water permit required.
- Previous experience as Environmental Manager required.
- Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- High level knowledge of local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations impacting the Chemical Manufacturing sector with emphasis on OSHA General Industry and TCEQ regulatory permitting and compliance assurance processes.
Candidates must have the authorization to work in the US without ongoing sponsorship
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.