Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
We are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
The Jacobs Regulatory Support Directorate (RSD) provides technical, safety and security support to our nuclear regulatory customers through the provision of technical advice and guidance, as well as direct support on operational sites. RSD's Technical Cell provides technical support to RSD Project Leads and Specialists.
Do you want to play a vital role in existing and new defence and civil nuclear programmes in the UK, and want to provide key control and instrumentation support to both defence and civil nuclear sectors?
Then this is the opportunity for you.
Jacobs is looking for a full time Senior Control and Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer with expertise as applied to safety-related control and instrumentation systems, to join our RSD Technical Cell based at our Birchwood office in Cheshire.
We encourage C&I Engineers and Consultants who do not have experience of regulatory support to apply.
This role provides a diverse and exciting range of opportunities to support the UK submarine programme in relation to control and instrumentation, associated to emergent issues in-service, during manufacturing, plant-life extension and through next generation concept design, to ensure the Continuous At-Sea Deterrent (CASD) covering both the nuclear propulsion system and the nuclear weapon.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Providing formal regulatory assessments, nuclear safety assessment and advice on documents relating to nuclear reactor control and instrumentation (C&I) systems, nuclear weapons systems, documenting the results in formal letters, and presenting the results to RSD Project Leads and other Specialists.
• Representing RSD at regulatory meetings with clients and other contractors
• Applying C&I knowledge, skills and experience to projects being carried out by RSD.
• Degree or Post Graduate qualification in an engineering, computing or scientific discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• In depth knowledge of Electrical / Electronic / Programmable Electronic (E/E/PE) system safety and its application in a nuclear environment.
• It is essential that applicants are, or can be, Security Cleared and are a UK national
• Professional Institution accredited
• CEng, or working towards CEng is preferable
• Experience of developing or reviewing safety critical C&I systems, including issues related to cyber security
• An ability to understand and deliberate on complex technical and safety arguments clearly and concisely, based upon mature knowledge and understanding
• Developed communication skills both written and oral
• Good interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team.
• A willingness to travel if required for an individual project.
• A knowledge of submarine propulsions systems or civil nuclear control systems would be an advantage.
• You will have skills and technical experience in some of the following areas:-
• Experience of relevant safety standards
• Understanding of nuclear safety case requirements, including knowledge of the Office for Nuclear Regulation's (ONR) Safety Assessment Principles (SAPs) and Technical Assessment Guides (TAGs) would be an advantage
• Experience of working with hardware/software used in safety or mission critical applications
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.