Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 50 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Thatcham, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Business Unit Description:
UK Field Solutions has over 50 years' experience working in the construction industry. Our core business is the delivery of projects and programmes in partnership
with our clients. We have a wide and diverse pool of experienced resources using proven delivery systems and processes that are benchmarked as best in class.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to cement our existing expertise in delivering projects to our key clients and driving the growth of our business in this sector
• Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio / Programme of Works.
• Work with the Project Manager and the Project team to establish the project activities, durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
• Interface with other departments regarding the project's activities which may have an impact and ensure these are correctly captured.
• Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
• Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
• Ensuring correct cost allocation
• Project cost forecasting
• Revenue and gross margin monitoring
• Ensuring corporate systems are up to date and an accurate reflection of the project
• Monitoring of aged debt
• Project Financial Reviews
• Contribute to progress meetings, as required, in support of the Project Manager.
• Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
• Earned value analysis
• Monitoring key performance indicators as necessary
• Risk & opportunity management
• Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle.
Qualifications & Experience:
• SC Clearance
• Project Planning / Scheduling & Cost Management Experience
• An Engineering / Project Management Qualification
• A proven track record of successful delivery within Project Controls
• Experienced in planning programmes and portfolios of work.
• Experienced in cost management of a range of project sizes ad contract types
• Ability to develop schedules as a lead role and as part of a wider project team
• Awareness of Project Management principles - i.e. An understanding of PRINCE2 principles or equivalent
• Engagement and development of strong relationships with client senior managers, regulators and other stakeholders, including internal Jacobs management
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.