Skills: Business Development, Sales
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is a FTSE-250 global leader in industrial project management, engineering and procurement, which employs 43,000 people worldwide in 60 countries and has a global reputation for project quality and innovation.
Our Core Values, Safety & Assurance, Relationships, Social Responsibility, People, Innovation, Financial Responsibility , and In tegrity are at the heart of our business because they define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. Our Core Values set out how we act and how we expect to be treated as part of Wood Group and provide a sound basis to make decisions.
Wood's Applied Intelligence (AI) service line is located in Woking UK and is a full-service capability office performing automation projects / consulting to the offshore, refining, chemicals, nuclear, energy, infrastructure, mining, and life science industries, with for a wide array of clients across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australasia (EAAA).
The AI service line is committed to growing the business within the region. With a growing client base and the recent major automation contract wins throughout the European region, Wood is planning to significantly expand in this area. To support our expansion plans we are looking for a Business Development Director with a passion for opportunity and relationship development.
The Business Development Director for AI will be located in the UK, supporting projects for a wide array of clients in EAAA.
Overview / Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
- Sales : Development of successful account management leading to new project orders to support the office in the targeted vertical markets
- Customer Management : Responsible for developing and implementing account management and strategic account management plans for targeted clients
- Alignment with Sales Team: Participate with all company sales leadership in developing and maintaining consistencies across sales both with respect to customer interaction and with respect to the company's internal systems, processes, and tools
- Compliance : Maintain full compliance with the company's code of business conduct. Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations and corporate safety guidelines
- Strategy : define, drive and deliver the business growth strategy for the region targeting both internal and external clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Engineering related discipline (essential)
- Post grad business qualification(s) (desirable)
- Marketing qualifications (desirable)
- Extensive experience in automation solutions (DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA, instrumentation, software, digitalisation, process control, IT/Comms, optimisation, simulators, etc)
- +10 years experience leading teams of sales professionals across large geographies
- Hands on experience with proven success
- Proven experience with management of Sales and Account Managers, including developing and managing regional accounts
- Proven track record in Automation sales carrying over £50M p.a. target selling engineering services, technology, technical software and / or related technical solutions
- Sales, marketing and proposal development experience in the automation and software services industry
- Understanding of the concepts / strategies for MAC (Main Automation Contractor) execution
- Diverse experience of O&G, pipelines, refining, chemicals, nuclear, water, energy, critical infrastructure or mining industries
- Extensive experience in working with industrial majors and second tier companies
- Knowledge of digitalisation revolution and its application to the industry (digital twins, IIoT, cyber security, Industry 4.0 etc)
- Strong communications and presentation skills and a team player
- Strong contract and commercial skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.