Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: East Kalimantan, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Indonesia
This position is the Civil QC Inspector of Gasification Project which located in East Kalimantan.
The incumbent is accountable for QC coordination and witness/review for handover acceptance of site preparation and land treatment, and QC inspection of civil construction including geotechnical survey, has competence in ITP, inspection, hand over sequence and inspection report civil activities, in order to ensure construction work is carried out in accordance with technical standards and design engineering documents
Scope: The incumbent is expected to be expert on civil quality control of all civil construction activities (in early stage for the preliminary and detail geotechnical survey) and be able to provide excellent deliverables of civil quality control implementation.
- Incumbent is expected to have Bachelor's Degree of Civil Engineering
- Willing to work both in Jakarta and East Kalimantan
- Knowledge and experience of industrial gas projects, especially coal gasification /purification projects;
- Experience in quality of international engineering company or high ranked local EPC
- Knowledge and experience on EPC Quality Management System (QMS).
- Minimum 10 years civil quality control inspector experience in industrial civil work of international scale projects
- Be very familiar with International codes and be able to well interpret and understand GB codes (Chinese codes)
- Be able to interpret ITPs, produce Inspection Reports and NCRs, interpret drawings and specifications.
- Strong influencing skills in civil quality control to effectively controlling the civil contractors quality control activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Civil QC Inspector shall assist and report to Chief/Coordinator of Quality Control - Civil Construction Supervisor
- Have knowledge and understanding implementation of international codes and GB codes/Chinese codes for civil works (in construction early stage for the preliminary and detail geotechnical survey).
- At the stage of site civil construction, under AP supervisor's instruction to work with Principal(client), local quality authorities, third party inspection/test organizations, and civil construction contractors to control civil construction quality in effective and efficient manner.
- Keep close contact with discipline engineers to solve design issues occurred on site; Reply contractor's RFI (Request for Information) within agreed deadline;
- Attend all the civil inspections, understand the flow chart and to make sure the inspection is carried out in line with the related ITP and in correlation with additional documentation (e.g. in construction early stage for the preliminary and detail geotechnical survey).
- Ensure all QC inspection reports of civil contractors are taken in every inspection, also all quality control and assurance procedures are fully applied. Quality reports submitted to construction management on a daily basis site, including quality status, key quality findings, proposed disposition action and action follow-up; Contribution in Weekly and Monthly Reports, for Civil QA/QC portion
- Ensure all receiving materials by contractor at site shall be inspected and reported prior to be use at site. Issuance of Site Material Receiving Reports
- Control the construction activities since inception and coordinate with engineering and construction team departments as to prevent or minimize the defective works.
- In terms of NCR, civil QC inspector has the responsibility to identify, investigate and report to his superior any non-conformity, to propose internally the needed counter-measures, to make sure the contractor submit the report and witness the remedial action taken to be in accordance with the approved method.
- Civil QC Inspector shall have knowledge in safety construction practice base on Safety Standards.
- Controlling and make sure the Civil readiness to Mechanical handing over sequence activities to take place smoothly and reporting proven by document control.
- Work with Construction and Control functions to deal with the quality issues might impact construction progress and cost
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.