Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Has responsibility for developing and maintaining engineering application software for use in Oil/Gas industry. Engages in research to incorporate existing technology into Weatherford's products. Provides support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use Weatherford's engineering software. Writes and maintains robust engineering software applications for commercial use and distribution. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Provides technical support to project team members.
- Develop specifications and project plan specification, for new product firmware development and/or enhancements to existing products.
- Design new firmware to meet specifications and meet company maintainability and testability goals.
- Create new firmware to implement new designs and/or provide enhanced functionality to existing products.
- Analyze firmware performance and conformance to design specifications and adjust the design and/or firmware as required.
- Produce documentation to facilitate production and maintenance of new firmware.
- Cooperate with hardware design personnel in new product development.
- Draft information to assist in the production of documentation for new and/or revised products.
- Assist field personnel and customers in the use of new products and features.
- Analyze field problem reports and plan remedial action to remedy them as required.
- Assist in the preparation of testing methods for new firmware products.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical Procedures, and Workplace instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- BS degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years' experience in C & C++ computer programming with experience in programming embedded software applications.
- Embedded Systems Development Knowledge
- RTOS Development Knowledge
- Device Driver, Virtual Device Driver Development Knowledge
- Board Support Package Development Knowledge
- Embedded Firmware Development Knowledge
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Willingness to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to multitask
- Simple web page development for systems interfacing
- Ability to read hardware schematics and component datasheets
- Experience with programming Microchip, Silicon labs and FPGA families.
- Experience with firmware development on Downhole tools,
- Control Systems, PLCs, and RTUs.
- Experience with Windows Application Programming, MFC, Access Databases, SQL, C#, .NET, Linux
- MS degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years' experience in C & C++ computer programming with e xperience in programming embedded software applications.