Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., is recruiting a Principal, Senior Geotechnical Engineer and Geotechnical Group Manager to lead our Tampa, Florida team. The candidate will support and manage projects in Florida and the southeast U.S., to provide geotechnical engineering services for water resources, transportation, infrastructure, and mining related projects. The candidate will perform management duties associated with a 10+ person engineering team, including business development, group financial performance, quality control, policy compliance, staff coordination and mentoring, and performance evaluation.
Technical lead/team manager responsible for geotechnical engineering and project management. Responsible to develop business and deliver geotechnical projects to Wood's public- and private- sector clients. Provide group and organizational management and team leadership.
- Business Development and client management
- Management of group financial performance
- Team leadership
- Mentoring and professional development of staff
- Projects include site investigation, dams and levees design & inspection, transportation, utilities, and other civil works projects
- Knowledge and experience in phosphate mining industry
- Knowledge and experience with the DOT design build process
- Supervise and lead geotechnical investigation and design activities from proposal to deliverables
- Project and budget management including resource management and quality oversight
- Technical management of multi-discipline projects, coordinating project teams, and ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood team members
Skills / Qualifications
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering
- 15+ years of related experience in geotechnical investigation and design, preferably in the areas of dams and levees/water resources, transportation and infrastructure
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and Florida soils and geology
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in Florida
- Diverse experience in the following areas highly desired:
- Earth dams and levees
- Transportation and infrastructure
- Mining (tailings management and dam design, hydraulic structures, etc.)
- Construction QA/QC
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Possess excellent time management, planning and ability to manage and negotiate & interact with clients
- Project management experience is required; operational experience is as added plus.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.