Skills: Construction Superintendent, Estimating, Site Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site Electrical Coordinator with extensive experience with multiple industrial Clients.
Wood supports industrial and manufacturing Clients from our dynamic office in Oakville. Our market niche is supporting plant expansion & designing modifications to existing facilities to support maintenance, growth, and regulatory compliance. This requires field investigations, design, specification, planning, and support to procurement and construction, all with the mindset of responding to Client needs. We are seeking a Site Electrical Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be a seconded and an integral member of the client's site team If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood recognizes that experience gained from designing systems and operating systems complement each other; and we are looking for someone who has experience in both. The ideal candidate will have experience providing construction and commissioning support for various electrical systems and equipment in an industrial environment. Experience in the Cement industry will be an asset.
Responsibilities: The site Electrical Coordinator may work as a project team member in client's organization and complement their site team. Responsibilities will include the following.
- Coordinate withe the client to understand issues, clarify scopes, present solutions, and receive feedback.
- Work with the site project team to resolve co-ordination and interferences issues
- Prepare and review cost estimates.
- Reveview packages for permit applications, tender bids, and construction work
- Address bid queries, review submittal packages, and provide construction support for the projects
- Conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders, design team, equipment vendors, and installation contractors to ensure timely and smooth execution of construction activities.
- Review and check designs from the engineering contractors.
- Support management of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Conduct inspection, QA/QC of all the electrical activities at site.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least ten years' experience performing electrical coordination and supervision at project sites for industrial clients.
- Knowledge of design codes, particularly Ontario-specific codes such as Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Ontario Building Code and Ontario Fire Code, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution and team alignment skills.
- A willingness and ability to travel.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.