Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team in Springboro, Ohio.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Operates assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs daily maintenance checks of machinery for fluids, grease, etc.
- Ability to be fluid/smooth with the machine controls to cut ditches, slopes, grades, clear brush, shape and dress slopes and other earthmoving activities.
- Maintain grade by either communicating with a grade checker, using machine mounted lasers, or by use on machine mounted GPS as well as without the use of GPS.
- Ability to setup, set, and take down rotating laser equipment/base station.
- Must be able to read grade stakes, perform arithmetic, use scale ruler or other basic functions used to determine grade and read blue prints/plans.
- Must be able to endure a high production environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate in tight, congested work areas with multiple other activities occurring immediately around the machine.
- Understands weight distribution affects stability; rated operating capacity.
- Understands the importance of safety, efficiency and productivity. Works efficiently with others on his/her crew.
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.