Skills: Laborer, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Laborer to join our team in Springboro, Ohio.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Operate jackhammers, drills, various power tools.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- General knowledge of testing storm manholes, sanitary lines and water lines.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as pipe fitters and operators.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Load and unload equipment from trucks.
- Drive trucks carrying materials and equipment from warehouse to sites.
- Operate forklifts and other equipment to transport materials and equipment from one place to another on a construction site
- A ssists in excavation work by hand digging ditches or trenches, backfilling excavations, breaking out concrete or asphalt, compacting and leveling earth to grade specifications, and shoring and bracing underground excavation
- Assists the crafts by hauling materials to job sites and cleaning debris from work site
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Controlling traffic around work zones as directed.
Skills / Qualifications
OSHA 10 preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.