Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, Civil Construction, Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Pipe Layer to join our team in Springboro, Ohio.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Checks slopes/grades for conformation to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Understand bedding and backfill
- Understand pipe laying techniques.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
- Install and use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels.
- Grade and level trench bottoms, using hand tools.
- Prepare pipe spans, following instructions or blueprints, and construction staking.
- Work as a member of a team with pipe laying equipment.
- Safety - trench safety, materials, equipment, hand signals, small tools safety
- Small Tools - use of shovel, chop saw, transit levels, laser, measuring tape, stick rule, cable (rigging), pumps, chains, pipes, gravel, structures
- Laying pipe routes- the process from beginning to end
- Existing utilities - blue print reading
Skills / Qualifications
OSHA 10 preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.