Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Rotating Equipment, Control Room Operations
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Operations Rediness Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis; we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Provide technical expertise and deliver requirements for Operations Readiness & Assurance at the various project locations in accordance with industry best practice.
- Represent CLIENT OR/CSU team and support Operations staff at design reviews and workshops such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, Alarm Management; many of which will be outside Iraq.
- Identify training requirements and liaise with L&D department to ensure these are completed pre-start up.
- Provide discipline technical support to other asset services activities, eg asset integrity reviews and improvement activities, shutdowns, maintenance and reliability.
- Support and advise punchlisting of systems and closeout of punchlist items on behalf of operations
- Execution of the Operations Readiness & Assurance Execution Plan.
- Provide input to, Operating Manuals, Operating Procedures and Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Procedures including Systems Testing Procedures.
- Assist and contribute to the Flawless start-up initiative.
- Support the Project to Asset Handover strategy to align with Operations handover requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the CLIENT Operations team
- Promote a Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) approach within the Project Teams and Operations to ensure a cost effective and quick ramp up to targets
- Work closely with project and operations to help develop SU team skills and competency requirements
- Participate in Peer reviews on startup and operating procedures
- Work closely with Project and Operations personnel to meet the OR&A milestones.
- Liaise with the CLIENT projects, contractor and CSU teams.
- Ensure risks to the schedule are identified and raised early.
- Assist to Produce punch lists, acceptance documentation, site and technical queries.
- Assist to ensure close out of outstanding work and punch items, prior to systems being accepted for operations.
- Assist with the training and Competence development of workers to ensure that Iraqi personnel are trained and developed to meet existing and future work demands
- Assist in the review of relevant Operational Excellence elements
- Provide input to the Asset Safety Strategies and promote safe practice for personnel and safe operation of production assets
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Certifications, 5+ years experience in a gas and oil industry, minimum 5 years in senior position, CSU/ OR&A experience preferred.
- Control room operations with Pneumatic and DCS systems is desirable.
- Good technical communication skills;
- Ability to interact with members of projects, contractor and CLIENT asset teams;
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on OR&A planning & reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of Plant Operations and Control in order to evaluate and rank risks
- Good understanding of devices for control, ESD, Safeguarding
- Good understanding of process, electrical, mechanical, rotating equipment operations
- Good understanding of materials, construction, installation, commissioning, and startup
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.