Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Project Engineers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- Delivery of Assigned Projects Performance with respect to Schedule, Cost, Safety and Quality.
- Zero defect tolerance.
- Strict adherence to E&PS Project Procedures.
- Establishing Work Orders WBS Structure and alignment of proposals & CTR development.
- Project delivery to agreed schedule dates.
- Development and mentoring of national personnel
- Weekly dashboards.
- Development and execution of Project Execution Plan (Dependent on project Categorization)
- Work Order Proposal inputs and clarifications.
- Base line schedule approval.
- Work Order Kick Off.
- Effective Change Control within work orders.
- Risk Management within work orders.
- Work Order reporting (including VOWD and Forecast).
- Budget Control of work orders.
- Schedule Management.
- Relationship Management with client PE and relevant interfaces.
- Direct personnel responsible for HSE & quality.
- Accurate reporting against active work orders.
Ownership of key activities and deliverables:
- Be proactive in safety behaviours and leadership
- Work Order Proposal - development of delivery strategy, WBS and review of the completed CTR's.
- Schedule approval - work with planning team to produce a base line schedule for client approval.
- Work Order Kick Off meetings - prepare for and manage the kick off meetings in accordance with project procedures.
- Change Management - Ensure any potential changes and variations are managed in a timely manner with the client's approval and to the approved process.
- Risk Management - all associated risk are to be identified, assessed and registered with appropriate mitigation measures identified.
- Work Order reporting - on a weekly basis update project dashboards in line with agreed reporting cycle.
- Budget Control - ownership of the Work Order budget, check weekly time books & approve, provide monthly and end of contract forecasts to the cost control team
- Schedule Management - maintain ownership of the schedule to track progress and measure performance and implement interventions as and when required
- Risk Management - at commencement of work orders, hold a risk workshop, identify key risks, assess mitigations and register within the risk tracker (SharePoint). During the project, update as risks are identified and monitor as they are either realised or eliminated.
- Subcontractor Identification and Engagement - Agree Sow's with internal functions and manage subcontractor call off process.
- Action Management - all key actions are to be registered, assigned and tracked within the action tracking system (SharePoint).
- Client communication - from the offset of the work order work closely with the client PE to understand their requirements, meeting frequency and communication links to bring a harmonious working relationship.
- HSE ownership - from the time a work order proposal is issued the PE has a responsibility to continually assess any action and the HSE implications that an action or inaction may have. Be proactive to eliminate any HSE exposure.
- Quality ownership - To ensure that Wood produce a quality product it is the PE's responsibility to ensure the correct procedures are followed during the estimating, initiation, progression and close out of all work orders (leading indicators). If a poor quality incident does occur the PE has a responsibility to identify and intervene to rectify where possible, but as a minimum it should be registered on the CAIRS reported.
- Work order reporting - On a weekly basis a project dashboard is to be produced in readiness for issue to the client. These will comprise as a minimum; progress status, budget status, procurement status (if required), key issues and risks.
Review Project documents weekly including and action appropriately:
- All Exception Reports e.g. Planning, Document Control, Subcontracts, Contracts.
- Document Registers.
- Inspection & Expediting reports.
- Man-hour and timesheet reports.
- Lead in weekly discipline engineering project progress meeting.
- Initiate / participate in lessons learned at appropriate stages during the project life cycle.
- Prepare and participate in weekly delivery meeting.
- Coordinate between the site requirements and home office.
- Participate within the procurement meeting.
Skills / Qualifications
- Stakeholder management - Establish relationships with key stakeholders and demonstrate skills required to manage for project success.
- Influencing - Personal skills required to deal effectively with the client's PE and the Company personnel to obtain the optimum outputs.
- Technical - Established Project Management skills with excellent awareness of Planning, Cost Reporting, Estimating and Change Control techniques.
- Gravitas/Credibility with Customers - Customer focused and creates an environment that encourages open discussion and feedback with customers.
- Initiation - Anticipates the environment, is forward thinking and able to see the big picture Creative flair and strong strategic and analytical capability. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Leadership, Energy & Focus - Takes the lead and makes it happen. Results orientated and focussed in the execution of predefined objectives.
- Authenticity - Ability to be open, transparent and driven by the success of the enterprise, rather than by personal ambition.
- Contract Knowledge - Have a working knowledge of the contract and in particular our obligations.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.