Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Lead Rotating Engineer / TA Rotating Engineer to strengthen our team in Iraq. This is 6/6 rotation and based in Iraq.
- Actively promote health safety security & environment (HSSE) consciousness & leadership in all departmental technical & business activities.
- Support P&E directorate as a senior discipline engineering technical authority (ie Shell TA 2 or equivalent) to assure RE technical integrity throughout machinery / equipments / components / systems life-cycle, encompassing design & procurement / construction & installation / commissioning & testing / operational handover phases.
- Advise BGC team members & EP contractors on good engineering practice, developing pragmatically robust project specifications, & intelligently applying / complying with appropriate international & BGC / Shell codes & standards.
- Promote RE process safety through conducting Shell Design Engineering Manuals (DEM 1 / 2) compliancy monitoring, gap analyses / closure, & status reporting.
- Ensure BGC in-house, EP contractors, & vendors deliverables comply with BGC technical standards philosophy & quality requirements, proper processes / procedures & tools used, pursuing / escalating correctives with appropriate internal & / or external authority levels as required.
- Input to BGC in-house & EP contractor RE discipline resourcing requirements vs workfronts portfolio.
- Seeking continual improvement in working practices / team performance & deliverables, eg appraising reusing vs renewals, smart standardisation / replication & redeploying successfully proven robust designs / engineering solutions across multiple assets, help BGC Iraqi staff in developing & implementing fit-for-purpose designs bearing in mind the local engineering community's limited exposure to training & new technologies.
- Engineering documentation review & comment / QA / QC & approvals, including as-builts.
- FATs / SATs support, arranging appropriate representation, including guiding participating Iraqi engineers on ITPs, results evaluation, punching, etc.
- Using accumulated expertise & experience in contributing to BGC RE coaching & development programme, knowledge sharing / transfer to Iraqi engineers, & supporting a learning-oriented working environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
- RE TA 2 assessed or equivalent senior technical authority holder.
- 15 + years RE engineering (covering concepts -> operational handover) at increasing responsibility levels, including major turnaround / brownfield & greenfield projects, working with / managing EPCM contractors, construction / installation & commissioning siteworks support, senior / lead / principal engineer experience (commensurate with at least Shell JG 3 RE engineer).
- Well-proven discipline & team leadership skills & experience.
- HSSE / process safety / integrity assurance / O&M driven mindset in a cost-conscious environment.
- Shell engineering familiarity, eg applied knowledge of HSSE framework, discipline controls & assurance framework (DCAF), process safety / technical integrity verification (TIV), safety critical elements (SCEs) & performance standards, etc, deep knowledge of international codes & standards & Shell standards (DEPs, DEM 1, DEM 2).
- Solid RE design & engineering experience in gas compression & processing plant, storage facilities / marine export terminals, turbomachinery (eg gas turbines, compressors) & recip machinery (eg compressors & gas engines), pumps (all species), cryogenic RE, machinery package auxiliaries & ancillaries, encompassing inspection / condition assessments / refurbs / overhauls / revamps & new machinery procurements, associated multidisciplinary interfacing (especially static equipments & piping), etc.
- Machinery custody & transfer, storage & preservation practical experience, including techniques / methodologies / materials & technical management.
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills (including machinery selection & sizing) & troubleshooting / RCA experience, firm grip on RE best practices & procedures application.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing), including record-keeping & report drafting, presentation prep & delivery.
- Experience of working in harsh geographical & technical environments (eg resilience to extremely hot weather).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.