Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for Lead Static Engineer /Ta Engineer to strengthen our team in Iraq. This is 6/6/weeks rotation and based in Iraq.
- Leading in the area of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and actively promoting the culture within the organization.
- Providing support to BGC Engineering Manager as a discipline mech static TA2 to assure technical integrity of BGC projects throughout their life-cycle. This is done through technical support and assurance of the design, construction and commissioning of projects, such that plant changes are implemented according to appropriate technical standards.
- Provide guidance to BGC Mechanical discipline resourcing, competency management, engineering standards and coaching of local staff
- Continually seeks to improve ways of working to improve performance and to improve value delivery to projects and ensures delivery of high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to their respective asset.
- Ensuring contractor's deliverables are as approved Discipline Delivery Plan, and that these deliverables complies with the BGC Technical Standards Philosophy. Where compliance is lacking, these need to be escalated to BGC Engineering Manager and other relevant authority levels.
- Monitors and reports compliance to DEM 1/2 gap assessments and closure plans.
- Providing assurance of integrity in the design of the facilities' systems and network e.g. re-use or replacement of equipment and brown-field sites. Supporting a robust design, which is currently in execute phase across the multiple facilities.
- Promote standardization & smart replication in engineering approaches.
- Ensuring the processes, procedures and tools are used, and ensure their proper implementation by the Engineering Contractor.
- Attending and participating in FATs.
- Supporting the implementation of fit for purpose designs for both brownfield and greenfield sites within an organization that has had limited exposure to training and new technologies.
- Establishing and maintaining a structured mentoring approach to transfer knowledge from expatriate staff to local Iraqi staff.
- Participate in the risk assessment and hazard and operability studies of designs.
- Perform peer and inter-discipline checks on work by engineers within and outside Engineering Department.
- Ensure compliance of assigned engineering work with the terms of the design brief or technical assignment and applicable project specifications, codes, standards.
- Ensure the selection of cost effective designs and materials, taking into account operating costs, standardization of equipment and reliability
- Control technical compliance of Mechanical Equipment and Piping materials.
- Provide engineering support to the teams constructing and commissioning the new or modified mechanical equipment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- TA2 or TA2 assessed Mechanical Static Engineering JG 3 competency
- Individual contributor/Team player as well as lead team
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible mechanical (static) engineering experience, including managing EPCM engineering contractor(s) and construction support at site.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Applied knowledge of HSSE framework, DCAF etc., and deep knowledge in DEPs DEM1, DEM 2 and international standards
- Sound experience in designing Gas Compression, Processing and storage/ Marian installations.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures, international practices and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Hands on working skill in piping, static engineering.
- An HSSE driven mind set.
- Experience in working in harsh geographical and /or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes) is desirable.
- A passion for creating and working in sustainable and effective delivery teams across different locations.
- Expertise in Major Greenfield and brownfield project execution & experienced throughout project life-cycle (Engineering to Start-up support).
- Experienced as a Lead Mechanical engineer in major brownfield execution / Turnaround projects is an added advantage.
- Experience in working Joint ventures, respecting other practices and ensure they are safe and robust
- Working knowledge of all relevant Contract and HSE regulations including procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
- Strong technical foundation with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
- Working skill in static, piping skills and pipeline knowledge as discipline engineer in projects.
Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.