Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position so we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project's, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Piping or Layout design deliverables such as General Arrangement Drawings, Mechanical Package Drawings, 3D Models in PDS, Piping Arrangement Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Material Take-Offs, Electrical or Instrument Cable layouts etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil / Structural / Piping / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce 2D drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Mechanical engineering (or relevant subject)
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Piping design experience
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Mechanical and/or Piping design in the Oil and Gas industry.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Experience of 3D modelling using E3D
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Mechanical and/or Piping design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and client Codes and Standards
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.