VP, Data Acquisition and Analytics Organisation : Resource Data Management - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
Provides management and leadership of Data Acquisition and Analytics for ENGIE Impact domestically and internationally for both established and new business. Responsible for the strategic and operational planning and management of all business aspects, including staff, budgets, data quality, data integrity, and QA best practices by fostering a culture of accountability and results across our data operations functions. Ensures practices and procedures are in place and adhered to in order to support the achievement of the team's overall goals and objectives.
Will develop and execute on data analytic strategies that support Engie Impacts goals, drive actionable insight, foster advancement of the pipeline, and generate a high level of customer satisfaction. Key objectives will be Data Driven Selling, Data Quality Quantification and Visualization, Thought Leadership Through Data Application, Operational Efficiency (via Data Migration) Function
Data, and how they are used, play a central role at Engie Impact and are at the heart of how we make business, product, content and operational decisions. Our data platform team sits at the core of the company and works with a variety of departments to guide decisions and provide direction for future growth. You and your team will collaborate across the organization to provide superior data quality solutions.
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of an overall strategic plan, domestically and internationally, for ENGIE Impact's Data Acquisition and Analytics teams, including both established and new business opportunities.
- Foster a culture of accountability and results across our data operations functions, ensuring the client experience (both internal and external) is smooth and flawless.
- Provide clarity, direction, leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports and other data team members as needed.
- Lead the team to realize critical goals, while coaching team members to maximize their hard and soft skills.
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to annual budgets, staffing requirements and anticipating environmental factors and identifying mitigating actions to ensure profitability of business unit.
- Own the end to end data journey and recommend, decide upon and drive implementation of process and technology improvement recommendations.
- Establish and drive data quality solutions, reinforcing and monitoring critical SLAs and practices through experience with methodologies like Six Sigma and ISO 9000.
- Lead data/content strategies involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content.
- Focus on continuous improvement of the department's processes and procedures and increase efficiency of the Data Management function. Lead initiatives and task forces and implement process improvements as required by business needs.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS models and support structures, including implementation support, sandbox creation, and ongoing service models
- Evaluate current data sourcing model, working with internal and external SMEs to identify opportunities for improvement to achieve greater data capture and increased data quality with reduced cost and internal operational support.
- Remain current with industry trends and best practices and proactively scout for novel data offerings from established and emerging vendors to maintain a competitive edge in commercial operation and analytics.
- Collaborate with business and IT teams, providing support onboarding new data including (but not limited to) facilitating data QA/QC, knowledge transfer on business rule definitions, data documentation as well as communication and training.
- Closely work with technology partners to assure proper procedures, productivity and measurable improvements occur to the database, while also assuring that actions do not cause issues while "in process".
- Develops and maintains comprehensive toolsets for risk management and market assessments for procurement team.
- Accountable for limiting all matters of risk associated with Facility product offerings for clients.
- Accountable for determining whether to buy or build analytics to meet client as well as ENGIE Impact needs.
- Lead teams in understanding systems changes as a result of digital transformation.
- Ensure workflow efficiency to gain optimum quality. Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with organizational stakeholders.
- Ensure team is staffed and resources are allocated appropriately to meet contract deliverables.
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Sustainability, Business Management, required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Business Management, preferred.
- Energy Risk Professional (ERP) or equivalent required
- May accept a combination of relevant experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Knowledge of process management principles associated with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or Statistical Process Management, required.
- Knowledge of resource (energy/waste/water) services and controls including renewable energy solutions, preferred.
- 15+ years directly related experience in a highly processed oriented "operations" organization.
- 8+ years of energy procurement and risk management experience
- 5+ years developing and executing on data analytic strategies that support organizational goals and drive actionable insight
- Minimum 5 years of Senior Management experience
- May consider less experience in combination with educational and other skills and abilities candidate possesses.
- Consistent track record of exceptional performance, having delivered quantifiable impact on company revenue.
- Proven execution-oriented people leader with exceptional ability to hire and inspire teams creating high performance.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization. Profit and loss experience and accountability across regions
- Utility experience or knowledge of utility bill & tariff calculations and waste management reporting preferred
- Must have managed in a distributed leadership environment.
- Strong transferable operational leadership tendencies and capabilities for organizational design, work assignment and standardization, resource utilization and control orientation.
- Understanding the business
- Making complex decisions
- Creating the new and different
- Taking initiative
- Managing execution
- Focusing on performance
- Building collaborative relationships
- Optimizing diverse talent
- Influencing people
- Being authentic
- Being open
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently within the highest levels of a client organization, including "C" level.
- Advanced Data Analytics (Data Visualization, Data Acquisition and Curation, Data Management, Big Data, AI, BI tools) skill level required relational and non-relational database experience required..
- Ability to demonstrate an authoritative and consultative approach that builds support within the highest levels of a client organization.
- Ability to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned regulatory markets.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and constituents.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting utility and tariff data.
- Ability to create new reporting products
- Highly collaborative orientation, prioritizing collaboration over credit, with an interest in building strong relationships with peers across corporate functions.
- A can-do attitude, projecting confidence and professionalism, as well as a strong sense of urgency.
- Passion for coaching and mentoring, with strong communication, coaching, mentoring, training and development skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous growth.
- Ability to handle deadlines, manage through ambiguity and perform in high stress situations.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- International operational experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-California-Oakland
- Posting Date: Mar 8, 2021