Energy Manager Organization : Energy - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
Responsible for supporting the implementation of energy and water management solutions to help clients achieve energy and sustainability goals.
Acting as an extension of the client's in-house team, the Energy Manager will leverage technical expertise and market segment knowledge to deliver insights that drive sustainable business decisions for multi-site commercial and industrial clients domestically and internationally. Function Client Focus
- Advise and support client staff (e.g. corporate energy managers, facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying and scoping efficiency improvements and cost control strategies and help drive their implementation to enable our clients to successfully meet their energy and sustainability goals
- Ensure on-time delivery of high quality, error free products
- Build relationships with key client contacts from site-level personnel up to senior leadership (e.g. VP Operations/Facilities)
- Increase the breadth and depth of client engagements by positioning yourself and ENGIE Impact as a trusted advisor
- Participate in client presentations, meetings and discussions, interfacing with internal ENGIE Impact stakeholders to communicate program activities and the quantification and qualification of the value delivered
- Combine technical (e.g. equipment, systems, buildings) and market segment (e.g. hospitality, restaurant, grocery) expertise to support the resolution of complex energy and water management issues
- Leverage metering, monitoring, benchmarking, analytical tools, and software to analyze and provide insight into key areas of focus for improving energy and water performance
- Lead identification, evaluation and prioritization of capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy and water consumption and demand
- Conduct ENERGY STAR® Certification site visits
- Collaborate with ENGIE Impact subject matter experts across resource areas and departments to deliver cohesive solutions
- Analyze existing delivery approaches to aid in their improvement
- Support Sales and development of new business
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Expand expertise in specific domains to drive emerging business opportunities (possible domains: metering, demand response, continuous monitoring, control strategies)
- Participate in industry events and training programs, including conferences, webinars, and other opportunities.
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or associated field required
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred
- Relevant industry certifications preferred (e.g. CWEP, CEA, BESA, EBCP, LEED)
- 3+ years of direct experience in energy or sustainability management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Experience in working with cross functional teams and participating in complex projects and programs
- Proven track record of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following areas:
- Demand Management: demand response, capital projects, operational changes, audit, plant optimization, building systems and equipment, controls strategies, building energy modeling
- Water Conservation: equipment, smart metering, reclamation, audit, risk management, irrigation
- Metering and Monitoring: interval metering, continuous monitoring, energy management systems
- Renewable Energy: PPA development, solar planning/installation/management, battery and storage, distributed energy resources, wind
- Operational knowledge in any of the following market segments: Hospitality, Restaurants, Grocery, Retail, Industrial
- Demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to overcome challenges and achieve excellent results in alignment with company's mission, vision and values
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to develop deep relationships with clients and team members and engage on a tactical level to achieve defined objectives
- Skilled in using MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Developed analytical and data management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-Washington-Spokane, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Minnesota-St. Paul
- Posting Date: Mar 12, 2021