Are you a seasoned Communications Practitioner looking for a new challenge?
Do you enjoy being part of a team that is redefining the energy future?Partner with the best
The Communications Manager is a versatile contributor with a passion for communicating in engaging, compelling ways to deliver business outcomes and meet strategic objectives for the largest business segment within Baker Hughes.
As a partner to the Oilfield Services group, you are a seasoned communications practitioner and counselor who works with the business segment Communications Leader to create and deliver all aspects of a broad external communications strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter with curiosity about industry technology and trends related to energy transition.
As Communications Manager for the Oilfield Services business segment, you will be responsible for:
Strategy, planning, and execution:
- Develops project communications plans, nurtures partnerships, and measures impact of communications to continuously improve
- Understands the business's structure, purpose, products/services, priorities, and key measures
- Collaborates effectively with a variety of teams within the business and the Corporate Affairs function
- Writes in a variety of styles for a variety of formats in a way that is engaging, grammatically correct, and appropriate
- Actively looks for ways to improve work processes and makes practical suggestions
- Builds a wide and effective network across the business to identify spokespeople and subject matter experts
- Identifies external speaking opportunities and prepares fit-for-purpose internal briefing materials
- Extracts stories and information from within the product lines, to be tailored for positive external and internal audience use
- Targets trade and business media opportunities, including press releases, media pitches, editorial content, and prepares leaders for interview with media
- Acts as the first point of contact between external audiences and the business, on occasions dealing with sensitive issues
- Coordinates with External Affairs team and Sales & Commercial team to highlight commercial successes and strategic partnerships during quarterly earnings process and throughout year
- Highlights new product launches through media, social media, and external awards opportunities in collaboration with product company marketing team
- Coordinates with HQ teams to represent Oilfield Services capabilities at enterprise level
- Supports internal communications as needed
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications in a global organization
- Oil and gas experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business, or an equivalent major
Working with us
- Consistently delivers a high standard of work
- Demonstrates good judgement by clarifying the business purpose of the communication activities he/she works on. Asks "why?"
- Ability to influence and advocate for communications best practices
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments that require a proactive mindset
- Demonstrates strong writing, editing, research, and interviewing skills
- Aptitude for understanding technical subject matter and basic financial concepts
- Keeps pace in fast-moving communications environment; able to organize and prioritize
- Familiar with print, digital, video and graphic design production processes and can assist with production of various corporate communication projects
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.