Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galiano, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Supervises "B" electrical technicians and I&E techs for safe and efficient operations, as well as, assist with technical problems where needed.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at the work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software.
- Receives daily instructions, as well as, obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
- Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5+ years' offshore experience on a production platform preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.