Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Accounting & HR
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Houston, TX USA
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a privately owned and fast-growing start- up in the water treatment manufacturing sector, has a permanent opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to be based in Houston, TX.
Our client has unique patented technology and is making advanced strides in the water treatment industry. With proven technologies to lower cost and improve efficiencies for a multitude of industries ranging from municipalities, chemicals, food/ beverage, power, and oil and gas, our client is seeking an energetic and highly professional Human Resources Manager to propel their business forward.
Benefits & Compensation
• Partners with benefit plan providers, vendors, and consultants for services. Recommends benefit plan changes to senior leadership management.
• Develops and oversees compensation plans and strategies that support the achievement of business objectives and desired organizational culture.
• Oversee carrier and vendor relationships, including but not limited to, Benefits Broker, 401k Administrator etc.
• Provide guidance to Human Resource representative, matrix business partners, and employees on Employee Relations matters.
• Assist employees and management with the interpretation and application of company policies and procedures.
• Receive employee concerns and effectively investigate and provide recommended resolution, partner with the VP, HR, and other Business Group Matrix leaders when necessary.
• Consult with VP HR, Area Managers and other stakeholders on performance management and behavioral concerns including assistance with drafting corrective actions and performance improvement documents.
• May assist in legal and compliance matters, agency charges, lawsuits, and internal and external audits.
• Ensure Human Resources procedures and responsibilities align with federal, state, local regulations, and ethics practices.
• Drive annual employee performance review process and monitor results for maximum participation.
• Develop communication strategies, plans, services and deliverables for the Vice President(s) and the VP's direct reports.
• Ensuring development, production, and measurement of internal and external communication materials to achieve departmental objectives while still in synch with corporate objectives.
• Serving as the communication focal point and delivering communications with impact to employees within the division(s)
• Working directly with in-house and outside designers and printers to develop and produce employee communications.
Recruitment & Onboarding
• Partner with hiring managers on select recruitment activities.
• Mentor new team members during on-boarding process providing coaching & feedback.
• Assist with Corporate Mobility and Immigration team on basic mobility and immigration matters.
• Reviews and distributes offer letters, job descriptions, and other documentation related to personnel management.
Learning, Development & Training
• Oversee/participate in the design, develop and delivery of effective learning programs.
• Ensure alignment of company goals and mission through strategic training management and implementation.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing training strategies, resources, methods, processes, and evaluation techniques.
• Work within budget to collaboratively develop and execute training programs.
• Conduct annual training and development needs assessment.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• Masters in Human Resources or MBA preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working in manufacturing required.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of human resource management experience required.
• SHRM-CP or PHR required.
• Start-up experience highly desired or experience implementing policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to work onsite.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization facilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast-growing start-up in the water treatment sector who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions within the municipalities, chemicals, food/ beverage, power, and oil and gas, energy industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package, annual bonus, LTIP opportunity, medical benefits, and holidays. On top of competitive compensation, the candidate will join a forward-thinking company that puts culture and their people at the forefront of their business.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.