The Project Manager II (PM) is a member of ENGIE North America's (ENA) Engineering & Delivery team within Distributed Renewables. In this role, the PM will coordinate preparation for and installation of, solar photovoltaic systems and energy storage systems as assigned.
You will also ensure that all projects under your assignment are built to spec, operate as designed, meet budget and schedule all while enforcing safety requirements and meeting ENGIE's safety expectations. As the PM, you will take ownership of the project after client agreement execution and site control and become the main information resource for the client until the system is ready for the operations and maintenance (O&M) phase.
What you'll do:
- Capable of managing portfolio of numerous complex projects simultaneously.
- Oversees and advances projects during development/sales process, through construction, and until O&M handover. Stages of PM involvement include sales and development, engineering, procurement, interconnection & permitting, subcontract negotiations, construction, and commissioning.
- Audit ENA employees and contractors to ensure all parties are adhering to the company's safety plan and guidelines on active sites.
- Creates project schedules and construction budgets. Tracks and analyzes progress and milestones. Ensures contractual deadlines are met and required documentation is filed. Cites any issues with the budgets and seeks correction, prior to, and throughout, installation.
- Provide regular status reports to clients and other external parties as necessary.
- Ensures that all installations meet ENA plans and specifications, permitting and interconnection requirements, and client expectations.
- Ensures all projects adhere to requirements listed in applicable legal agreements. Analyzes project designs.
- Deliver industry leading customer service to ENA clients.
- Travel to active sites to witness and partake in key milestones such as mobilization, building de-energizing & tie-in (if commercial-type project), and electrical testing & commissioning. Depending on project size and scope, semi-frequent visits to sites to ensure progress and quality.
- Coordinates all necessary internal and external parties necessary to achieve project requirements and deliverables.
- Works with engineering and development teams to obtain permits, negotiate and comply with interconnection agreements, deliver construction and staging drawings. Responsible for ensuring corresponding paperwork is executed and filed.
- Assists, and is main point of contact for, installers and contractors. Responds to requests for information from contractors.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil preferred), Project Management, Construction Management, or other degree related to renewable energy industry
- 3-5 years' experience in a project management, engineering or construction role
- Experience within the renewable energy industry; specifically, photovoltaic solar arrays and/or battery energy storage systems
- Working knowledge of the NEC code and AC/DC electrical systems design is preferred
- Proficient with Customer Resource Management (CRM) software is preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD design software is preferred
- Travel required (up to 40 or 50%)
- OSHA, NFPA, or other prior safety training and certification preferred
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification preferred
- Must hold a valid driver's license
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application stat
- Additional Locations: North America-United States
- Posting Date: Mar 9, 2021