Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently seeking Lead Project Engineer (Outside Battery Limits) for an Oil and Gas PMC Project. The role will be mainly based in Dubai with some trips to Italy if required during EPC phase and will then move to Iraq for site work on full time basis.
Position is permanently assigned to the projects, working as part of the PMC Team to Manage the design or EPC Contractor on behalf of the client.
Responsible for the overall management of the PMC Contract Assigned multiple Projects.
Ensuring the Assigned Project is managed and delivered to Wood and client technical satisfaction.
Ensuring that key reports carry out their duties and responsibilities in line with their agreed contract Job Descriptions. Ensuring that key client relationships are maintained at all levels within the Assigned Project.
Ensuring that Assigned Projects are resourced and delivered to satisfactory quality, time and budget within the approved Assigned Project Management Plan. Interface with other Assigned Projects and designs in the Permanent Office. Improvement in project management processes and practices.
Safety leadership and safe delivery of the Assigned Project.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of Assigned project delivery. Provides timely reports on status of the project and issues to clients' Controlling Team.
- HSSE leadership of the Assigned Project.
- Assigned Project delivery improvement.
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required, including project Risk management and lessons learned.
- Lead Assigned Project Monthly Progress reviews with the EPC Contractor or regular reviews with design office.
- Present Assigned project status, issues and corrective actions at Wood weekly Assigned project reviews, and keep client Controlling Team and Management updated.
- Lead, develop and issue for Key Personnel and client review Assigned Project Management Plans.
- Approve weekly timesheets and overtime requests for Assigned Projects.
- Raise requests for Other Direct Costs relating to Assigned Projects.
- Create and sustain a good contract team spirit within the Wood project team or design team and client.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East is a must.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of engineering design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards.
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.