Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently seeking Lead Planner for an Oil and Gas PMC Project. The role will be mainly based in Dubai with some trips to Italy if required during EPC phase and will then move to Iraq for site work on full time basis. Position is to ensure Contractor's project schedules are prepared, recorded, analysed, monitored and controlled against Contract requirements and to enable project and corporate management to ensure that final project turnover dates are within the approved Contract schedule. To verify claimed progress against invoices and support cost engineers.
To support Project Engineers in assessment of Variations and associated claims of Extension of Time.
- Preparation and updating of the following documents:
- Assist Project Engineer in preparation of the Project Execution Plan and Project Management Plan, including work breakdown structures for each phase of the project
- Schedules based on critical path method analysis showing man-hour loading for each activity
- Commodity curves and Productivity factors
- Target milestone schedules
- Equipment and critical item lists
- Project Controls Activities will include:
- Project history on closure of an Assigned Project covering as a minimum detailed analysis between the actual and baseline schedule
- Preparation and update of plans supporting project control documentation with respect to new Assigned Projects
- Establishment of priorities in accordance with criteria and schedules established in consultation with the Company
- Planning and identification of resources necessary to implement the Services in line with the approved organisation chart
- Establishment of targets for parameters for Contractor's performance of various activities
- Planning and Scheduling activities shall include:
- Preparation of detailed network diagram for projects identifying all the critical and sub-critical activities and milestones using Primavera (latest version)
- Analysing the project status and raising awareness regarding issues and potential risks
- Attending in risk review meeting and helping in risk assessment exercise
- Assessing the recovery plans and forecasting the impact of changes
- Preparation of a comprehensive Monthly Progress Report (MPR), which shall show the status and actual progress of all significant aspects of the work. MPR will highlight progress percentage, milestone dates and areas of concern.
- Prepare a formal monthly presentation of project status
- Assist PE in preparation of bi-weekly management review meetings to discuss status of Assigned Projects and respective areas of concern
- Reporting progress shown against planned schedule and highlighting problem areas, if any, and recommendation of corrective action.
- Development for submission of the following curves along with progress reports illustrating planned target and actual achievement:
- Engineering and design
- Contract action activities
- Material purchase order placement based on monetary value
- Scheduled material delivery on site based on monetary value
- Construction schedule/man-hour schedule
- Weekly Construction Status Report - reporting on project status, progress and areas of concern
- Identifying and reporting during preliminary detailed design and detailed engineering of all document and drawing deliverables every month including item, category of submission, actual date of submission and status
- Coordination of shut-down and tie-in windows with Company Operations and Contractors
- Review and commenting on submissions by Contractors including:
- Programme of work in bar chart form for all activities in sufficient detail showing commencement and completion dates in Primavera (latest edition)
- Actual manpower against approved manpower histogram
- Actual progress against approved "S" curve
- Actual Commodity curve against approved plan
- Critical item in problem area identification by Contractor
- To monitor and report on the Contractor's claimed progress for verification of monthly invoices. To assess progress and assigned weightings against each activity with respect to the estimated quantity of each element of work to be executed at site and its unit of measurement (UOM)
- Monitoring and reporting of Contractor's conformance with contractual requirements in terms of format, level of accuracy of detail and timeliness of submission of schedules and reports.
- To maintain progress history for every major area of the project, in sufficient detail for use in assessment of any claims at the end of the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Total minimum experience 15 years
- Total minimum experience in O&G/Refinery/Petrochemical industry 8 years
- Advanced user of Oracle Primavera
- Fluent English Writing, Reading and Speaking.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.