Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring Interface Manager for an Oil and Gas PMC Project. This position will be based in Dubai with some trips to Italy if required during EPC phase and will then move to Iraq for site work on full time basis.
Position is permanently assigned to the projects, working as part of the PMC Team to assist in the management of a large PMC project on behalf of the client.
- Develop, implement and maintain the designated interface management methods, systems and procedures for use by all functions, contracting parties and stakeholders
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical (hard) and governance (soft) through the EPC Stages of the Project
- Coordinate interfaces on a complex Onshore Brownfield and major project arising from technical changes with Contracting Parties
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Interface with different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Propose and recommend appropriate solution as necessary to maintain compliance with local authority requirements
- Negotiate and manage complicated interface issued among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Develop, implement and maintain a project Interface Management System (IMS) in consultation with the Client
- Ensure critical interfaces are identified and acknowledged by both contracting parties
- Develop interface reporting systems and performance indicators to ensure projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget, and in accordance with the agreed project requirements
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Discrete Project Interface Coordinators with regard to interface management plans, processes, agreements and progress updates
- Provide leadership and management for the interface team to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to at all times
- Lead the development of and approve all interface registers and reports. Devise own work methods and working practices independently within the framework of established policies and guidelines in order achieve project objectives where necessary
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Review / Validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables
- Participation in design review, 3D Model Reviews, Value Engineering, Risk Management workshops, constructability Reviews, PHSERs , IPR etc.
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
- Review and approve project '' AS BUILT'' and project Design Dossier prepared by EPC Contractor
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree from a recognized university, whilst a higher degree would also be beneficial
- Membership in a recognized professional engineering association would be highly preferred
- A minimum of 20 years' experience in project management and execution of major and mega Oil & Gas projects, of which a minimum of twelve years experience in project management / interface leadership roles with proven track record for major and mega Oil & Gas projects
- Fluency in Arabic Speaking is required
- Experienced in developing and leading effective project interface organizations
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
- Previous experience in PMC projects and Gulf experience is preferable
- Must be familiar with Shell DEP standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.