Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments is seeking seasonal Checkers & Scalers for various locations in North & Central Alberta and British Columbia.
- Scaleperson - weighing GBC and ACP trucks at pit and recording net trucks weights
- Checker - recording trucks and their weights as they arrive on construction site.
- confirm weight of gravel truck
- confirm gravel goes to appropriate location on project
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Graduation
- Current enrolment in or completion of related post secondary training (civil, construction, materials) would be a definite asset
- Preference given to those with previous experience in the construction industry
- Willingness and ability to work on remote sites is required
- Ability to read and record accurately weights, and direct trucks to project sites is required (checking and scaling)
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. and be able to fulfil the requirements of a physically demanding job is required
- Ability to communicate clearly (spoken and written) in English is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.