Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Requirements Educational Level :
University degree in metallurgy, welding, engineering, or science.
Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years (including refinery and petrochemical)
- Sound knowledge of applicable international codes/standards such as ASME, AWS, NACE, ASTM, API and TEMA.
- (Both construction and post construction codes/standards)
- Sound knowledge of metallurgy, welding, corrosion and metallurgical testing.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of resolving problems related to metallurgy, welding and repair methods affecting refinery process units.
- Knowledge of oil refinery operations and processes. Including awareness of typical fluid services, e.g. wet H2S service, caustic and amine services.
- Experience of approving Contractor/Vendor WPSs.
- Be able to work both independently, or as a team member, in a new work situation and assist other staff members.
- Write reports and design packages to enable implementation of engineering recommendations.
- Experience of field operation (at least two 2 years). This is to have included not only routine operation but also trouble-shooting, trial operation, preparation for daily and turnaround maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to mentor junior engineers. Proficiency with common software packages such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience of maintenance mechanical control and planning.
- Materials and Corrosion Engineer is responsible for providing metallurgical and welding support to the Asset Integrity.
- Typical duties would include the following:
- Resolve problems related to materials performance, welding, repairs and corrosion management of refinery equipment.
- Specify NDE methods needed to assure the quality of repair work and interpretation of results; - Approve Method statement including WPS submitted by Contractor/Vendor.
- Contribute to work plans for events such as planned shutdowns. Estimate quantities of welding consumables required for Maintenance activities.
- Interface with other refinery personnel to provide advice and front line metallurgical support to maintenance and operations personnel.
- Carry out failure investigation to identify root cause(s) of failures using techniques such as TapRoot.
- Write and contribute to others' Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Write reports on metallurgical/welding matters for the Metallurgical Leader and managers as required.
- Oversee the application and interpretation of Vietnamese material and metallurgical codes and other applicable codes and standards.
- Guide, direct and motivate less experienced engineers and operators. This includes specifying and delivering education and training and assessing performance; this is carried out in conjunction with the NSRP Human Resources Section.
Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.