Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is seeking a Utility Services Project Manager (SUE) to join our team in Charlotte, NC. Wood has a well established SUE team with a large backlog of work in the Carolina's and is looking for a senior staff member to join our team.
Key responsibilities will include project management, utility location and utility coordination, employee management, aiding in marketing survey, working with the geomatics services manager to achieve department goals, training of field crew personnel and providing quality control and quality assurance on utility services deliverables.
Project Related Responsibilities:
- All facets of Utility Services projects Including;
- Daily designation of all sub surface utilities, utilizing geophysical, and magnetic equipment
- Daily use of ground penetrating radar (GPR) to detect slab voids, steel reinforcement, structural evaluations, utilities and non-metallic /metallic objects.
- Daily operation of vacuum excavation truck
- Daily contact with utility companies to coordinate design conflict resolution plans.
- Preparation of cost and time estimates for Utility Services proposals.
- Preparation of invoices for projects
- Review conflict resolution cost estimates provided by utility companies.
- Implement and improve upon Utility Coordination service level.
- Daily coordination with various utility engineers for collection of records research.
- Site inspection.
- Monitor technical and quality control standards.
- Assist geomatics services manager in purchase of all supplies and required equipment
Employee Related Responsibilities:
- Directing and coordinating the activities of Utility Services technicians.
- Aid geomatics services manager in creating and administering personnel policies.
- Participates in and supports development of long-term goals and objectives.
- Monitor and improve upon production levels and staff utilization.
- Coordinate training efforts.
Management Related Responsibilities:
- Generate new business leads using various marketing strategies.
- Strengthen existing client relationships.
- Assist in the development of new marketing material.
- Analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data towards goal attainment.
- Enforcing company policies with respect to safety, protocol, and procedure.
- Support for utility services and survey staff as needed
- Assist with CADD Mapping as needed (AutoCAD, MicroStation).
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills and technical competence.
- Commitment to work with other sections and divisions of Wood E&IS.
- 10 - 15 years of utility experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to travel
- Prefer familiarity with AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Prefer familiarity with surveying
- Prefer Department of Transportation experience in NC, SC, FL, GA.
- Performing work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather climates.
- Requires the use of handheld equipment.
- Must be able to work in a field environment and have the ability to travel as required.
- Managing several jobs simultaneously.
- Maintain good relations with Utility Companies.
- Maintain good client relations.
- Motivating employees.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.