Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 11 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for CDL Drivers to join our team in Louisa, VA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CDL Truck Driver
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Complete a daily vehicle inspection report that accurately depicts the condition of the vehicle
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Communicate necessary information to bases, supervisors, or other drivers
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state and federal regulations
- Obtain necessary block entry permits, as required by a client owned facility, prior to entering their properties and/or operational units
- Maneuver trucks into fuel loading and equipment refueling positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle is properly positioned
- Climb, via manufacturer recommended access routes, onto heavy industrial equipment such as bulldozers, RT cranes, motor graders, trackhoes, etc., and onto the fuel delivery vehicle
- Recognize the required fuel for the equipment to be refueled, such as gasoline or diesel
- Dispense the appropriate amount of fuel, oil or fluid into the proper tank or reservoir
- Maintain an accurate log of dispensed fuels, oils and fluids and delivery said logs to the required reporting location in a timely manner
- Recognize potential ignition sources and eliminate any potential contact between such sources and fuel vapors.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a commercial vehicle
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with HAZMAT mandatory, (HAZMAT with "P" endorsement a plus). Vacuum Truck Experience
- Current DOT physical certification.
- Ability to obtain a IMS Fuel Truck Equipment Certification card
- Employee must have and maintain a clear driving record in accordance with both the D.O.T. and IMS driving Policy
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Active Listening - Ability to follow instructions and meet set standards for hauling and scheduling.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Read and interpret road maps or driving directions. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Be able to judge distances and weights accurately. Ability to respond in an emergency.
- Driving Requirements - Driving ability consistent with maintaining a clear driving
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
- Multi-limb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance (either naturally or with correction
- Depth Perception - The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Spatial Orientation - The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you
- Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Hearing Sensitivity - The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.