Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood is a multi-disciplinary firm of consulting environmental scientists and engineers with offices throughout the United States. Wood's Environmental and Infrastructure division is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our Atlanta (Kennesaw), GA office and become an integral member of our team.
Incumbent must have knowledge and experience providing water and wastewater environmental compliance consulting, specifically water and wastewater treatment and process design, permitting, and have an understanding of various federal and state environmental regulations as they relate to water and wastewater treatment. Incumbent performs moderately-complex technical tasks within a broad workscope, and/or plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates project work for large workscopes. Ability to perform work independently that may involve complex features, such as engineering design or data interpretation and evaluation. Tasks performed are non-routine and require professional judgment and experience. Incumbent will provide technical supervision of junior staff and may have client management responsibilities. Incumbent will be responsible for managing deliverables through development, review, and submittal.
This person will be a member of a team providing engineering and scientific consulting services to private industry and government clients. This position will support a wide variety of projects. Some of the duties of this position may include:
- Works directly with senior-level personnel in interpreting the actual needs of individual clients.
- Determines required scope and level of effort of project work, including the degree of completeness and precision to which project elements should be addressed.
- Coordinates site activities with contractors, subcontractors, agency personnel, and client representatives.
- Exercises independent professional judgment not subject to close review.
- Maintains a high level of skill in communications, with emphasis on the preparation of clear and concise written reports.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in directing and managing single-disciplined projects and/or small to moderate-sized, multi-disciplined projects.
- Provides technical direction to and mentors junior staff. With experience, may supervise subcontractors and/or company employees.
- Creating and executing studies to monitor and assess Wood client employees' exposure to health risks, and to measure effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring that Wood's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed.
- Represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments.
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements.
- Leads and performs field exploration, inspections, and analyses.
- Interprets data and test results.
- Conducts engineering, scientific, and routine calculations.
- Assessing and analyzing research data, summarizing statistics and compiling reports.
- Prepares formal reports, field reports, and internal correspondence.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering
- 2-5 years (or more) environmental engineering/consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and scientific principles
- Excellent computer applications and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience conducting engineering and scientific studies
- Knowledge of and experience with industry-specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, and MSProject)
- OSHA 40-hour training for hazardous waste site operations
- Master of Science degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering
- Water and wastewater design, operations, and/or permitting experience
- Employee exposure monitoring experience
- Field coordination experience
- Able to do physically-demanding field work such as water and soil sampling, packing heavy shipping containers, and carrying sampling equipment.
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck; ability to drive a trailer helpful.
- Must be able to travel without limitations and perform unimpeded standing and walking in industrial and field environments.
- Must be physically capable of performing work in health and safety personal protective equipment (PPE).
License / Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Will pursue PE certification/registration in related area.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.