Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Woking, United Kingdom
Wood is currently sourcing a Principal/Senior Instrument Engineer to execute control and instrumentation project work and/or operational support based at our client site in Aberdeen.
Principal Accountabilities: -
- Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
- Effective prioritisation of own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation; including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling
- Provide operations support including maintenance, fault diagnosis, installation and modifications to field instruments, process control systems, process safety systems, Fire & Gas systems and other electrical and electronic equipment
- General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
- Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
- Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
- Develop instrument databases
- Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc
- Manage the preparation of design deliverables
- Work with Turnaround Team to plan and implement instrument activities in Turnarounds
- Manage vendors and support contractors
- Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines, process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
- Interface with clients' engineering representatives
- Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing
- Visit offshore to perform trials, commission modifications, participate in investigations and coordinate the activities of service companies
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work and Operational support in the oil and gas industry.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
- Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
- Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Self-starter who drives for results
- Fully conversant with relevant industry legislative requirements, standards, and guidance
- TUV Certified (Preferred)
- Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.