Skills: Design Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Designer specialised in earthworks modelling with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Processing topographic data (from LiDAR, satellite, ground surveys, etc.) and generating 3D models for earthworks.
- Preparation of engineering deliverables within the scope assigned
- Site preparation for cold climate area e.g. Northern Alberta, Canada (including rough grading of the plant site and pipeline corridors
- access roads, haul roads and service roads along the pipeline corridors
- Drainage including culverts / storm water management of the plant site and along the pipeline corridors
- Ponds - storm water drainage pond, emergency dump ponds including liner and leakage detection
- Erosion control and protection
- Underground pipelines and utilities
- Support preparing material take-offs
- Managing time and tasks within allotted timelines and budgets
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Design or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology
- Experience in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D design/drafting software
- Understanding various coordinate systems and geodetic elevation references
- 5 -10 years of experience in earthwork, site grading, roads, drainage ditches, culverts, ponds, road crossings and pipeline corridors
- Experience working on heavy civil engineering, open pit mining, oil and gas projects preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.