Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Wood is seeking a Construction Manager to support the Operations Team in New Brunswick.
This Construction Manager is responsible for providing oversight for all construction project activites. Working closely with our local clients to deliver a safe and coordinated construction execution.
- Oversee the execution of fabrication, construction, and hookup
- Coordinate activities of site safety, technical, and quality inspection personnel
- Determine if corrective actions are needed in order to meet project objectives, and work to have these implemented
- Coordinate site interfaces between contractors (and subcontractors) and the client and other ongoing projects as applicable
- Rep ort progress, performance, initiatives, issues, and challenges to Construction Site Manager or Project Manager as appropriate
- Champion the Company Sites Leadership Expectations
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractor and among Project Team members
- Interface with contractor on a day to day basis
- Provide input in the review and development of contractor's detailed plans and procedures
- Monitor and appraise contractor's performance and recommend corrective action to be taken where deficiencies are detected; verify actions are taken
- Coordinate resolution of construction related issues with guidance from supervisor
- Establish, implement, and maintain verification process for mechanical completion
- Utilize best practices and other current Construction systems/tools
- Ensure appropriate materials management system is implemented at site
- Coordinate with on-site personnel regarding planning and implementation of fabrication, construction, and mechanical completion activities
- Participate in company's learned reviews and provide input to close-out report sections upon completion of work
- Ensure execution of the contract is in compliance with contract specifications
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory position on large industrial construction projects
- At least 5 years of experience in-field Construction planning, execution, and completions
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Previous experience in a civil/structural engineering environment is an asset
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.