United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob SummaryAECOM
is searching for a Plumbing Engineer for our Houston, TX office.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About Buildings + Places
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2021
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.Job Summary/Responsibilities
The Plumbing Engineer will work together with a multidisciplinary team to conceive, permit, design and provide construction administration support for small and large projects.The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building Plumbing systems
- Act as a Project Manager assisting with workload planning, team management, and project management
- Perform Construction Administration services, including review of shop drawings, RFI's and review of contractor proposed change orders
- Evaluate feasibility of alternative design approaches in conjunction with senior team members
- Perform site/field visits to ascertain existing conditions including equipment condition evaluations
- Organize/plan projects to ensure quality controls and project criteria are met and within budget
- Assist in preparing proposals and presenting to Clients
- Assist with mentoring of junior staff within the Mechanical Department
Bachelor's Degree plus six (6) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
- CPD certification is strongly desired
- Strong Revit capabilities
- Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Strong Project Management Experience/PMP Certification
- Ability to interact with others on a multi-discipline team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Good time management skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects (financials) and small project teams
- Excellent Communications Skills with the ability to present designs to clients
- Additional Industry Certifications such as LEED AP, CxA or CEM
What We Offer
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.