Columbus, Ohio, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Skills: Piping Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
ENGIE is actively hiring for a Steamfitter based in Columbus, OH. This position will perform maintenance on all Utility Plant equipment in an efficient and safe manner. The Steamfitter responsibilities include but are not limited to all ENGIE operated utility plants equipment on campus. This includes boilers, Chillers, cooling towers, steam and condensate systems, fans, pumps, air compressors, all piping systems, and all other related equipment.
What you'll do:
- Work as part of a maintenance team with a goal of decreasing downtime and improving efficiency.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic systems including steam, water, and heating systems.
- Responsible for the installation and repairing of expansion joints, valves, gaskets, and steam traps.
- Read drawings, complete layouts, cut/join and fit pipe tubing.
- Ability to make pipe patterns for saddles, reducers and offsets along with pipe fabrication.
- Maintain condensate systems.
- Install, repair, replace, maintain and modify piping systems.
- Install, repair, replace, maintain and modify condensable lines.
- Perform ARC welding and TIG welding.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Pipefitting training.
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts (6AM-4:30PM).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Certified pipe welder in Arc or TIG welding to obtain within 3 months.
- Five years of pipefitting experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 4, 2021