Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Role: Pipeline Analysis Engineer (Senior)
Location: United Kingdom - London
Contract: FTC 12 months (Salaried) - Potential to move to full time staff
Our client is actively seeking a Senior/Principal Engineer level with considerable experience with Non Linear Analysis problem solving in FEA, Contact FEA modelling or have FEA reeling Analysis experiences on Reel Lay Vessels.
The Engineer should have a strong background on FEA, Solid modelling and Abaqus. They should have a strong programming background with Python on Abaqus, having knowledge on other FEA package, especially in ANSYS is an advantage.
This position will be on a fixed term contract basis for an initial 12 months with potential to move to a staff role down the line.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Performs reeling analysis for the project on various vessels
- Design pipe transition for reeling for two Pipe with different OD and/or Different Wall thickness
- Perform Reeling analysis for Pipe In Pipe, defining Load for Centralisers, Reeling of Water Stop, Pipe Stretching analyses
- Buckle Arrestor design which could be reel.
- Predict Straightener setting with FEA
- Probabilities based analyses for Reeling
- Provides support to offshore reeling operations
- Participates actively to engineers training and development
- Participates actively to the department know-how consolidation
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction
- Previous experience in a similar role, and similar type of work on FEA of reeling analysis
- Previous experience working with Abaqus and Python is essential
- Previous experience working with Excel and VBA is essential
- Previous experience working with ANSYS and ANSYS APDL
Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.