Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs our Apprenticeships provide an exciting opportunity to 'earn whilst you learn', combining practical training in a full-time job with a qualification designed for the industry.
To find out more what it is like to be an apprentice working at Jacobs, click here:
We currently have an opportunity for a Technology Solutions Apprentice. The successful individual will work towards achieving a Level 6 Apprenticeship qualification in either Electronic or Telecommunications engineering.
About the role:
At Jacobs, we're t ransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As a Technology Engineering Apprentice you'll work on some of the most challenging and exciting projects in the rail, highways and aviation sectors.
This role will be responsible for supporting the development of electrical and telecoms system design. The role will include co-ordination of designs within multi-disciplinary teams. To undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within the Jobholder's ability and competence. More specifically:
Design of systems that include:
- SPT allocation
- PZT allocation
- Jumper schedules
- Design of SISS systems that include:
- CCTV Systems (Analogue and Digital)
- Public Address/LLPA/PAVA Systems
- Customer Information Systems
- Ticket Vending machines
- Help Points
- Design of other Telecoms systems including
- Structured Cabling Telephone Systems (Analogue/Digital and VOIP)
- Achieved a grade C/4 or above in at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English AND holds 3 A Levels (or equivalent) in any subject OR aLevel 3 qualification in Structural Engineering
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports.
- Interest in new, digital ways of working, technologies and automation
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.