Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs our Apprenticeships provide an exciting opportunity to 'earn whilst you learn', combining practical training in a full-time job with a qualification designed for the industry.
To find out more what it is like to be an apprentice working at Jacobs, click here:
We currently have an opportunity for a Bridge Engineering Apprentice. The successful individual will work towards achieving a Level 6 Civil/Structural Engineering Apprenticeship qualification.
About the role:
At Jacobs, we're t ransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As a Bridge Engineering Apprentice, you will too.
We are wishing to recruit engineering apprentices to join our Transportation - Bridges & Structures Group.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, expanding, and diverse bridges design team, taking a technical supporting role in delivering bridge design services throughout all stages of major project development. As well as our ICE accredited training programme which will help you to develop as an engineer, you will be supported by a trained mentor.
As a Bridge Engineer Apprentice you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages
- Undertaking design or assessment calculations
- Supervising the production of design drawings, models, data, or other project deliverables
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility
- Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Bridge Inspections
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to bridge projects
- Achieved a grade C/4 or above in at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English AND holds 3 A Levels (or equivalent) in any subject OR aLevel 3 qualification in Structural Engineering
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports.
- Interest in new, digital ways of working, technologies and automation
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.