ENGIE is hiring a Senior Accountant with a focus on Renewables, in Houston, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for general ledger accounting and reporting activities for our renewables entities.
What you'll do:
- Perform monthly and annual closing processes for assigned entities, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and management reporting
- Perform accounting and reporting tasks and meet reporting requirements for Renewables group. Renewables activities include communicating with project managers and BD accounting in transitioning projects from developmental phase to operational phase as well as setting up newly created entities and general legers
- Develop processes, drive continuous improvement, coordinate requirements upstream and downstream in the organization
- Interface with external auditors and preparation of financial schedules and required requests
- Assist Performance Control Analyst in the preparation of annual budget and annual long-term forecast
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed, including those which may involve complex or advanced accounting concepts
- Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures
What you bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of tax equity structures a plus
- Experience in SAP is highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft office suite skills
- Strong accounting and financial reporting skills
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Excel
- Tools used for the job may include Microsoft Office Tool Suite, Cartesis, SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 3, 2021