Learn morePosition Specific Description
In this role, you will be responsible for providing guidance on the conceptual design phase to ensure expected cost, schedule, constructability, and operational requirements are met. You will work with engineers in the design phase to ensure designs meet all requiredcodes and criteria. Additionally, you will review vendors to ensure quality engineering and fabrication of structures.Key Responsibilities:
Additional Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Analyze structures for complex loading conditions from wire, equipment, wind, seismic, ice, electrical, thermal and dynamic loads.
- Execute assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, root-cause evaluation, and problem solving including structural failure analysis.
- Perform advanced engineering tasks of a complex nature in design, operation, and maintenance of projects to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective facilities.
- Perform in-depth technical and economic evaluations of designs, studies, bids and specifications for projects.
- Respond to unplanned transmission system events and performs initial assessments and troubleshooting, and occasional coordination of needed resources to return equipment to service
- Masters Degree in Structural Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a concentration in structural design or structural engineering
- Three years of experience in structural engineering and design
- Familiarity with IBC, ASCE, 7, AISC, and ACI design codes and standards
- Familiarity with AUTOCAD or Microstation
- PE or EIT or the ability to obtain within one year
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields. This job is responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks. This position conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides engineering, design and environmental support
• Tracks and reports on project negotiations and performance
• Delivers company standards, policies, training, and support of organization
• Prepares communications, presentations and provides support at meetings
• Formulates researches, and develops improvement measures
• Works with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:3+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Master's Degree
• Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
• Six Sigma Master Black BeltEmployee Group:
Florida Power & Light Company
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-ZC1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Power Systems, Energy