Learn morePosition Specific Description
Network Solutions and Automation team which is part of Cloud Solutions and Services are seeking an IT Principal Architect to join our team. As a Principal Architect, you will be responsible for strategy, solution design, deployment planning, and operating guidelines of our core technology services such as DNS, DHCP, local and global load balancing, proxy, and reverse proxy. In this role, you will be the service owner accountable for the successful delivery of these infrastructure services and successful outcomes for the business. This includes ensuring that all services are reliable, resilient, meet capacity demands, and perform at adequate levels. This is a highly collaborative position that will work across the organization with other architects, technical leads, and end-users to produce cutting-edge solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in mid-large global enterprise networking infrastructure with deep knowledge in DNS, DHCP, load balancing, Reverse Proxy, and F5 technologies
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Experience with implementing DDI solutions like Infoblox DCHP/DNS appliances in the complex enterprise environments
- Experience in implementing an Infrastructure as a Code for network automation using frameworks like Ansible, Python, Terraform or Chef
- Experience in the design, development, configuration, and manage Global Load Balancer and Application Delivery controller solutions like F5-IQ or AVI
- Experience in defining the capacity, performance standards, metrics, thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage the environment.
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance, and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-XSNearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: