Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking Construction Engineer Commissioning to join our team in Kuwait to monitor the assigned construction scope to ensure Wood and Contractors perform all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance. Participate in and advice on all construction activities and initiatives, including provision of training/inductions, documentation reviews etc.
Assigned activities and scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents.
Wood reputation is enhanced by demonstrating commitment to raising HSE standards and proposing new initiatives or improvements to enhance HSE performance throughout KOC.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the clients and sub-contractors engineering representatives.
- Responsible for site engineering activities and providing technical assistance to the construction supervision team.
- Primary contact with the project office to ensure site is in receipt of latest drawing, specifications and information.
- Assist in the resolution of technical queries arising on site
- Supervises vendor representatives site unite for check out/pre commissioning of equipment and any other especial testing or maintenance requirements
- Fully familiar with the drawings, specifications and engineering procedures of the project.
- Assist in the review and approval of sub-contractors method statement
- Approval of final *as built* drawings
- To read, understand and implement the company safety policy and the arrangements described in the company and area safety management documents.
- Review project studies & proposals for Constructability and/or Construction Hazard Identification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc Engineering
- Minimum ten years post graduate experience.
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum five years experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.