Skills: Quantity Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Ensuring effective commercial co-ordination of project contracts in accordance with the BSP head Contract and relevant Amec Foster Wheeler commercial policies and procedures.
- Maximising the earned value on all relevant Project Contracts
- Ensure that commercial entitlement is pursued and obtained in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Ensure that the quantities of work executed are aligned to the estimates produced
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSE behaviours and leadership.
- Remeasuring offshore quantities where there has been a change from initial estimate and recalculation of the Project Contract / P.O. values
- Submission of variation and contract amendment requests and claims in accordance with contract requirements
- Negotiating and agreeing final "out-turn costs with client
- Input to contract administration in accordance with AMEC commercial policies and procedures.
- Input to project invoicing in accordance with terms and conditions of contract such that cash position maximised
- Assistance with cost/value reporting and end life forecasting on project in accordance with AMEC policies and procedures such that the appropriate values are reflected in the management accounts.
- Assistance with final accounts and close out of Project Contracts / P.Os in accordance with contract requirements.
- Input to client cost reports
- Involvement with the application of risk management techniques.
- Assistance with the evaluation of sub-contractors' claims.
Skills / Qualifications
Priority will be given to Bruneian citizens and permanent residents.
- University graduate or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in senior commercial roles in the oil and gas industry, ideally in both Operator and Contractor environments.
- Specific competencies to be in accordance with role requirement
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.