Cloud DevOps Application EngineerAre you a Cloud DevOps Application Engineer looking for an innovative change?Are you interested in building enterprise cloud infrastructure automation solutions? Join our Digital Technology Team
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. Our team is responsible for building the Enterprise Cloud infrastructure automation solutions that support the Baker Hughes Cloud strategy. From Enterprise Architecture to enabling employee success, the Enterprise Architecture team provides support to the internal Cloud offering across the enterprise.
As a Cloud DevOps Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Building Enterprise Cloud infrastructure automation solutions that support the Baker Hughes Cloud strategy
- Developing improving, deploying, and support Cloud services
- Working on a collaborative team in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Be able to demonstrate best practices pertaining to Cloud DevOps development along with a willingness to continually learn
- Following security guidelines to develop secure and compliant Cloud services by working with Risk and Security teams
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field or at least 8 years of equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
- Have legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Have experience using Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs. AWS Certifications are especially helpful
- Have experience Deploying infrastructure through an automation pipeline
- Have experience using Amazon CloudFormation
- Have experience developing automation solutions (Python, PowerShell, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.).
- Have experience developing solutions using infrastructure orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Have experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Maven CI, Travis CI, etc.)
- Have experience working within an agile team (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming)
- Have experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
- Have knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In the Software Engineer role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with Us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive.
- Working from home - Flexibility to work occasionally from home
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. To keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
The Good Stuff
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.
As the world's leading full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we are passionate about helping our customers get the best out of their hydrocarbons. Working innovatively to enhance productivity and reduce costs, waste and risk, we are defining the future of the oil and gas industries.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.