Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an opportunity for Supply Chain Specialist - Senior to join our Mining & Minerals business in Oakville. Functionally reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain and working alongside other team members . This role has overall responsibility for leading multi-discipline procurement, expediting , supplier quality surveillance, logistics and material management functions and activities on a large capital projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- Leading supply chain, expediting, supplier quality surveillance, logistics and material management on a project
- Working with the project services, construction management and project engineering staff to execute the supply chain strategy
- Planning, organizing and directing the activities of buyers, expeditors, inspectors, and technical and commercial support staff, for the supply of necessary materials, equipment and construction services, in accordance with the project's standards, specifications and construction schedules
- Managing the supply chain work process and reporting the status of these multiple functions to senior project management and clients
- Maintain procedures for the procurement team
- Senior review of all documentation, evaluations, recommendations, changes and post-award administration
- Providing general and direct supervision to the staff on the project and fostering a learning environment
- Providing mentorship to junior staff members and provide a supportive environment to the supply chain team
- Support w orkforce forecasting, budget preparation, and completion of performance appraisals
- Acting as liaison along with the client on all functions
- Leading development of local sources of supply
- Moderate amount of travel to client offices and supplier facilities
- Participation in critical supplier and contractor negotiations
- Complying with Wood code of business conduct and ensuring compliance with corporate policies .
- Promote and adhere to ethical behaviour in line with Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy, Health, Safety, Security and Environment within the Supply Chain and Contract.
Skills / Qualifications
- 1 0 or more years of experience in project supply chain management, and a minimum of 15 years overall related industry experience (i.e. mining and minerals, process & energy, EPC/EPCM, or heavy industry)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, Construction Management, or Engineering is preferred
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain disciplines; planning, overall RFQ development, issue, subsequent negotiation and award, shipping and logistics, materials control change and claims management of complex high value engineering purchases
- Familiarity with the formation of construction contracts including service and consultant agreements/contracts is preferred
- E xperience managing contract s for major projects in global engineering and construction companies is preferred
- Fully knowledgeable and experienced in the means, processes and methods needed to successfully support the materials management program for the project
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to construct and make presentations to project and external groups and stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
- Knowledge of supply chain systems, and ability to quickly learn our proprietary supply chain software
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.