Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Are you a Controls Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?
Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality engineering for our customers?
Join our Chemical Manufacturing team
We are the leader in chemical manufacturing productions. Our innovative solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize value. Our team operates on-site and partners with our customers to oversee a variety of product lines to ensure that our chemicals aid daily operations to revolutionize the process and solve problems.
Partner with the best
As a Controls Engineer, you'll Identify, develop, evaluate, introduce and manage engineering solutions for product control and control system technology needs. You'll apply control theories and mathematical modelling to design and control systems with desired behaviours. Includes operability, setting of boundaries, cycle optimization, control logic, control related software, sensors, hardware and software algorithms, and feedback to control the performance of devices, subsystems and systems.
As a Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading & maintaining the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement with requirement configured batch recipes and phases perform as intended
- Acting as the single point of contact for any projects or modifications in involving Basic process control system (BPCS), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) or batch programming.
- Providing front line support in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to quickly identify and resolve any related control system problems.
- Creating and maintaining Cause and Effect (C&E) matrices which depict the basic process control (BPCS) interlock logic and update when required. Adjusting phase logic as required for the optimization of the process chemistry
- Leading the sites alarm management effort, analysing data, reporting KPI's and actively working to reduce ineffective alarms to the operator.
- Ensuring the sites compliance with the required operating standards such as alarm management (ISA18.2), Safety Instrumented Systems (IEC61511), Cybersecurity (IEC 62443)
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Degree in engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Control)
- Have 5+ years of chemical plant process engineering & controls experience within a batch manufacturing environment and 3+ years in direct oil field chemical process experience
- Have experience of working with ABB 800xa Systems, Siemens PCS7 and knowledge of batch standard ISA88
- Have intimate with company's product portfolio and reaction chemistry, providing the ability to make independent decisions where necessary.
- Have industry knowledge of chemical plant best practices including recognized codes & standards, new equipment options, and safety/accident prevention
- Have trained in application of process safety management (PSM) and process hazard analysis
- Have knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), intimate knowledge of regulatory requirements such as IEC61511 and alarm management standards such as IEC62682/ISA18.2
- Have ability to lead and deliver small control system related capital projects on time and on budget with understanding of management of change processes.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.