Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the opportunity:
C2V+ is a 50 / 50 Joint Venture Partnership between Jacobs and Volkerstevin and strategic sub-contractors. As a Construction Delivery Partner, we are supporting United Utilities in the delivery of their AMP7 programme of work. Across the south-east of United Utilities' region of operation, the programme consists of 41 projects to be delivered over a five-year period with a value circa £150M. It has project offices at United Utilities' offices in Lingley Mere and at Jacobs' offices in Birchwood, both of which are in Warrington, Cheshire.
As a Senior or Principal Engineer (experience dependant) for C2V+, the successful candidate will be required to undertake and support engineering input to water, wastewater and pipeline projects as part of an integrated project team delivering innovative and efficient solutions on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects on behalf of United Utilities.
This is principally a site-based role working in partnership with the construction team to help facilitate the efficient transfer of the design into construction. You will be responsible for coordinating the interaction between our design team and site team for between 10 to 20 projects across the 5-year programme.
Candidates will be expected to work flexibly, based on site and occasionally in our offices on a rotational basis or as current work demands. The opportunity for remote or home working will be very limited.
The successful candidate will be expected to: -
- Explain the design to the construction team where any aspect is not clear or requires interpretation. Typical designs include: -
- New and refurbishment wastewater & water treatment works
- Pumping stations
- Combined Sewer Overflows
- Augmenting the design (where details or specifications are not clear) and/or expediating design though local decisions with reference/approval back to the Project Delivery Lead.
- Altering / adapting the design with reference/approval back to the Project Delivery Lead for: -
- variation of details found on site
- errors other situations
- Raising Technical Queries (TQ) / Requests for Information (RFI) to UU and tracking them to conclusion.
- Answering TQs and/or managing the answering of TQs back to the design team.
- Monitor and report against the design programme to inform the overall construction programme.
- Assist with the interface, coordination and reviewing of supplier submitted designs and information.
- Collating redline mark-ups from changes arising out of construction and managing the updates to the project model and production of the as-built records.
- Reviewing proposed temporary works with respect the consequence for the interface with the permanent works design, including liaising between the temporary works designer and the design team as necessary.
- Reviewing the interface and accounting for aspects of supplier equipment and designs.
- Consideration of health & safety in all aspects of the role including design interfaces, augmenting the design, reviewing temporary works and overseeing construction activities.
- Continued Professional Development.
The ideal candidate would have: -
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering (or other applicable discipline).
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (or other applicable professional body equivalent).
- Detailed experience with a good track record in undertaking the design and producing deliverables (e.g. preparation of layout plans, detailed design drawings, calculations, specifications and Designer's Risk Assessments) for: -
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Works
- Storage Tanks
- A good understanding of hydraulic engineering, including pipe and open channel flow.
- A good understanding of structural engineering, including reinforced concrete design.
- An understanding of BIM and working in a Common Data Environment.
- Experience working in a D&B environment would be an advantage.
- To be client focused to build long term relationships.
- To be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- High regard for correct and thorough quality management procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- To be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- To be motivated and enthusiastic.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.