Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: CAD / CAM, Modeling
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too.
That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Digital Engineering Systems Manager position to join the team in Birchwood.
Initially the role will be to ensure that Lot 2 Engineering teams are maximising the use of existing Jacobs systems across the programme while also delivering the information to Sellafield's requirements as part of the PPP.
The DES Manager will bring a solid understanding of the Jacobs BIM landscape (tools, systems, standards and practices) to the PPP Digital team.
The DES manager will be key member of the PPP Digital team which drives the development of the CDE for the Programme.
As the PPP CDE environment comes online, the role will implement and then assure the effectiveness of these new systems, standards and processes within engineering.
This role is the most influential position in Lot 2 for establishing SL' digital standards and detailed plans and ultimate implementation of the digital engineering environment across all the projects within the PPP.
Here's What You'll Need:
• The role reports for line management in Jacobs to the PPP Improvements Manager.
• Within PPP the role sits in an information management and information technology with team members from all PPP partner organisations. Day to day activity will be undertaken within this team reporting to the PPP Head of Information ManagementThe role has a strong functional link to the Communities of Practice (CoP) Lead for Digital within Jacobs CMS-I.
• The role will act as the line manager for Jacobs digital engineering resources in the PPP
• Interfaces and stakeholder management will be needed across the PPP lot partners and Client organisation.
o The implementation, monitoring and management of digital engineering systems across the PPP, including the setup, use and subsequent assurance across major projects of: Computer aided engineering (CAE) / CAD Tools
o Jacobs and PPP systems interfaces
o Creation of the integrated digital twin
• Working as part of the Digital team, ensuring digital engineering tools interface with other areas as necessary
• Supporting as the primary long term goal, the development of the digital engineering tools and capability within the PPP Common Data environment and the delivery of Jacobs corporate Digital Engineering capability and Information Management where this is required by PPP.
• The approach to delivery of Lot 2's contractual accountabilities and needs for Digital Engineering Systems across the PPP major projects and in particular collaboration with the Lot1 integration partner in contributing to the digital engineering delivery strategy at a PPP programme level.
• The data content and effectiveness of digital engineering tools deployed to projects including the systems and processes for their use. (supported by teams based on each project.)
• Ensuring awareness of relevant engineering technology and enabling its implementation
• Awareness of relevant Legislation, Codes, Standards and Procedures and ensuring their implementation within digital engineering.
• Ensuring that Digital engineering systems are aligned to SL's information delivery standards.
• Ensuring that Digital engineering systems set up to satisfy the PPP's "project" schedules.
• Ensure delivery of specialist courses for technical and project personnel, including self-delivery where appropriate.
• Working with the engineering capability to build / develop digital engineering 'toolbox' from project experience, including standards and procedures
• Line Management of Jacobs Digital Engineering resources on PPP
• Expert knowledge & experience of designing and implementing Engineering Systems as part of a Common Data Environment (CDE) architecture
• Experience in the implementation of BIM, in particular on projects where there is a mix of process plant and buildings/civils scope.
• Broad knowledge of AVEVA suite and Autodesk products and the management of information flow between applications. In particular, experience should include the full AVEVA 3D and 2D-schematics engineering suite including AVEVA Net as the Asset Information Hub of the Common Data Environment necessary for the full BIM project and "Digital Twin" asset lifecycle.
• Other preferred specialist tools include (eg AutoDesk Revit and Inventor) and review and simulation tools (eg AutoDesk Navisworks).
• Knowledge of Engineering Analysis systems used within the Nuclear industry.
• Experience of using Asset Management tools
• Experience in collaborative business relationships including with customers and in leading elements of engineering projects for joint ventures. Effective communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will require a flexibility of approach in dealing with team colleagues and stakeholders as understanding and implementation of the strategy evolves. Being agile in getting things done whilst gaining the confidence of others through delivery.
• Experience of major project information management, data handover for complex facilities to / from equipment suppliers, fabricators, constructors; and ultimately the customer.
• Extensive experience in capital facilities businesses (project execution and/or asset management) and in the successful delivery of complex integrated software solutions to such businesses.
• Recognised as a leading expert in Engineering Systems with a background of implementing cutting edge tools into customer and partner organisations.
• Ideally will have a relevant engineering discipline or information management degree and professional qualification for the principle and lead roles, however technical qualifications together with significant relevant experience will be considered.
• Communication abilities, both written and spoken.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.