At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We're t ransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
As a Fire Protection Engineer working with our Built Environments team in team in San Francisco Bay Area / Sacramento Area, you'll use your skills and experience to help deliver and complete challenging and engaging buildings projects. You'll assist in the design of Water Spray/Sprinkler systems, Fire & Gas Detection systems, and Fire Alarm systems while also helping develop the plans for the overall building safety.
You'll be a part of diverse multi-discipline teams allowing you to both share what you know and learn so you can grow. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.Qualifications:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fire Protection, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 4+ years technical experience in a fire protection design or consulting role involving fire protection systems
- Working knowledge of relevant NFPA standards including but not limited to NFPA 70, 72, 75, 76 and 90A
- Previous experience on projects as discipline/technical lead
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Revit/Revit MEP
- NICET Level III or higher certification
- Ability to p erform engineering responsibilities with independence
- Professional Engineering (California PE) license or ability to obtain within six months of hire
Jacobs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.