United Kingdom - Midlothian, EdinburghJob Summary
AECOM's Renewable Energy and Energy Transitions business in the UK is seeking to expand the team in Edinburgh or Bristol. We are looking for an experienced solar energy engineer who has a passion for technical excellence and enjoys the challenge of delivering a diverse portfolio of energy projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly motivated team of energy professionals that is currently delivering innovative solar, wind, hydro and energy storage projects throughout the UK and internationally.
The team is currently delivering a range of project services including design, Owner's Engineer and project management roles as well as front-end work such site identification and evaluation, feasibility studies, business case development, concept design and grid connection studies associated with future energy generation and storage projects.
You will ideally have a background in the engineering consulting industry working with renewable energy developers, asset owners or power utilities. The successful candidate will have strong technical understanding and a desire to grow a career at AECOM.Requirements
- You will have demonstrable experience including:
- Knowledge of the solar energy industry trends and the major equipment OEMs and plant suppliers;
- Familiarity with solar energy project development processes both in the UK and internationally, with particular understanding of the Middle East and/or south and east Africa useful;
- Experience working in solar projects from feasibility, through construction to final acceptance by the client, including the following tasks:
- Feasibility studies for on-grid and off-grid projects including:
- Analysis of energy generation capacity and constraints, understanding of grid connection issues, sizing and optimization of generation and storage capacity based on demand profiles, experience with simulation software such as PVSyst, PVSol, Homer, etc.
- Review of project feasibility from the technical and economic perspective, including financial modelling;
- Development of concept design;
- Experience with different types of system layouts and arrangements;
- Preparation of Employer's requirements or equivalent for different types of design and build contracts such as NEC3, FIDIC, etc. including detailed technical specifications for the delivery of solar and energy storage power plants;
- Experience on other technologies such as wind, hydro or marine energy would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate experience working in the energy sector in solar and/or energy storage projects and possibly more than 10 years working for an engineering consultancy, OEM or installation contractor;
- Understanding of energy markets and the different revenue streams for solar energy storage and renewable energy technology;
Your benefits will include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Master's degree in renewable energy desirable but not essential);
- Engineering consulting experience in the renewable energy sector desirable;
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MechanicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Bristol - Portwall PlaceVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.